MMSC unveiled a women’s segment in 2W Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship, encouraging more women in motorsports.
1. Last year 2016 MMSC started 2 one make manufacturer races for ladies, the Honda Ladies Race and the Alisha Abdullah TVS Ladies Race. These were standalone closed invitation support races run along with the national championship.
2. MMSC got a total of 24 girls/ ladies to participate in the 2 support races in 2016.
3. Taking the concept of women in motorcycle racing forward MMSC announced the Stock up to 165cc Ladies National Championship for the year 2017.
4. Having initiated the ladies race concept in 2016 manufacturers Honda and TVS decided to continue the girls/ladies support races for the year 2017.
Thus, in the year 2017, there shall be 3 different racing events happening for girls/ladies at every round of the national championship.
- Stock up to 165cc Girls National Championship
- TVS Girls Race – Closed invitation support race
- Honda Girls Race – Closed invitation support race
The procedure to join the races are as follows.
1. The girls/ ladies need to undergo training under any of the following Federation accredited racing schools
- MMSC Training School
- California Super Bike School
- Honda Ten 10 Racing Academy
- Apex Racing Academy
- Rajini Academy for Competitive Racing
- Kingdom Racing school
- AS Motorsport Racing School
- Gusto Racing School
2. Once the girl is trained for riding/ racing at the track they have to take the FMSCI (www.fmsci.co.in) racing license.
3. Entry forms for the races are available on the MMSC website www.madrasmotorsports.in under the download section.
4. Entries can be submitted at the MMSC office or by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the entry fee @ Rs.3000/- per weekend can be deposited in the MMSC bank account given on the entry form.
5. The dates of the events are as follows.
|9th – 11th June||KMS, Coimbatore|
|7th – 9th July||MMRT, Chennai|
|4th – 6th August||MMRT, Chennai|
|1st – 3rd September||MMRT, Chennai|
|29th September – 1st October||MMRT, Chennai|
6. Entries close 1 week before each race event. A discount of 10% is offered on the National Championship entry fee if the fee is paid for the full year in advance.